nature; memoir of class 2

In this third class, we have been to the observatory close to the Yale botanical garden. Although it was a very hot day, that got us sweating as we walked through the mountain roads, the view of East Rock was something worth looking at. I could not believe, how taking a few minute ride on the bus, away from the classroom, we were able to take an escape from school life and get surrounded by the rich power of nature. Since my university in Japan is located almost in the midst of Tokyo, it was something different. When thinking of the study fields here, it made me truly recognize the diversity of Yale campus, as it was not only the libraries for the humanitarian field, theatre and halls for artistic purposes but also a  rich nature for scientific purposes. Knowing the show is held in the planetarium every Tuesday, I am now excited to visit sometime on a sunny Tuesday night. Hopefully, next week would be fine.




The Yale botanical garden was filled with pretty flowers. As I walked through the garden, I saw various flowers in pink, yellow, orange, purple, and white…. almost in every colour. Yet, it was a shame for me that I could not distinguish the names between them. I was brought up in places where there is less natural, but more of a metropolitan city. This may be the reason why I  don’t know the names, but also why the power I am getting from nature such as the beach and the greenery in the botanical garden is something totally new. I feel like I am learning little by little, how to expose and immerse myself into the natural environment, and seek the natural beauty in it. 



One question that ran through my mind was since it seemed like all of the flowers were blooming, I wondered how it has been controlled. Was it just that we were lucky to go at this time of the year or is it on purpose…? 


Even though I detest rain, I just hoped that it would come sometime, so that the flowers would grow up naturally to keep the beautiful nature.



This picture has nothing to do with the botanical garden, but as I came back from the trip, the sky was pretty... I saw the beauty of nature here too!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1st weekend at the Walnut Beach

looking closely... ; memoir of class 3

"art"ists; memoir of class 1