1st weekend at the Walnut Beach

 On Sunday 10th July 2022, I brought myself to Walnut Beach, which was 30 minutes drive from the Yale campus. With the 12 of us from the English Intensive speaking and listening class, we spent our whole afternoon by the beach. As I dislike swimming in the sea, I stayed by the shore to pick up some shells while enjoying the conversation with the other members who stayed by the sea shore. 


The beach was bigger than I expected. Usually, in Japan, it is less than the half size of the beach we saw, therefore it is extremely crowded. Here, although there were some people, it was fairly free from the crowd to enjoy the whole atmosphere. 


Personally, it was interesting that I got to clearly see how the sea tides occur since as the sun started to set, the shore came very close by. For it is difficult to stay by the sea shore for so long in Japan, it was a great experience. 


The sea was sparkling reflecting the light from the sun, yet the wind was a little strong, that it felt cold once we were out of water. Staring the far end of the sea, some of the conversations brought me and my friends very close. The clouds did not make a single move, making me feel like I am in the world of the movie "Truman Show". Imagining how we would be trapped inside the television to be broadcasted was fun but traumatizing at the same time.


 It was extremely refreshing and felt the power of nature for me to continue studying again!

Comments

  1. Very happy to have finally found your memoir blog - so glad you had this experience with so many new friends. May you have many many more so I can read them,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

looking closely... ; memoir of class 3

"art"ists; memoir of class 1