Scavenger Hunt; memoir of class 4

 "Art is life"

Whenever I go to an art gallery, this word keeps on repeating in my head. It was the word of my best friend, who is now studying very hard, to get into one of the most difficult art universities in Japan. Art is everywhere in this world today, and even that us, as human beings were an art - she said. 

Yale Center for British Art was something unlike what I had seen previously in Yale Art Gallery, for the paintings were more British, and some of them were quite modern. 

There were a few paintings that struck me when I had seen one. One of them was the painting I chose to write a scavenger hunt on. I liked the surrealistic taste. It was sarcastic, and I loved it. I just hoped that the high school students can find them since the floor is complicated!


Painting: British Gentlemen at Sir Horace Mann's Home in Florence

DIRECTION: 
Once you get to the fourth floor from the elevator, walk towards the red, blue, white and black splatter painting of the girl crying. Have a colourful splatter painting of a man in a white hoodie to your back, and walk through 2 rooms. You will then pass a black man’s sculpture. The room beyond it is the one. 


WRITING (dialogue):
“Hey, you were the one who said red wine goes with meat!”
 “Hello sir, I brought you a glass…”
 “Oh my god, you are awfully small!”
 “Umm… I don’t know what I should do…”
 “Ugh, this is getting tiring” 
“I told you to be on time!” 
“Huh?”
 “Again? Whatever…”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st weekend at the Walnut Beach

looking closely... ; memoir of class 3

"art"ists; memoir of class 1